A Vertical Lathe with CNC Wide Number System,A Vertical Lathe with CNC Wide Number System is a specialized industrial machine designed for precision machining of large workpieces in a vertical orientation, with the added feature of a comprehensive and versatile computer numerical control (CNC) system known as the “wide number system.” This type of machine is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, energy, automotive, and heavy machinery manufacturing for producing intricate and accurately machined components.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of the key features and components you might find in a Vertical Lathe with CNC Wide Number System:
- Base and Column: A Vertical Lathe with CNC Wide Number System,The machine’s base and column provide a stable foundation for supporting and aligning large workpieces during machining, ensuring minimal vibrations for accurate results.
- Workholding Mechanism: The workpiece is securely clamped onto a rotary table or chuck, allowing controlled rotation for various machining operations.
- Tool Turret or Tool Changer: This component holds an assortment of cutting tools, which can be changed automatically using a tool changer or indexed using a turret for different machining tasks.
- Ax: The spindle holds the cutting tool and provides rotational motion for turning operations. It can operate at different speeds and is controlled to achieve optimal cutting conditions.
- Axis Movement: The machine typically includes two main axes:
- Vertical Axis (Z-Axis): Controls the vertical movement of the cutting tool along the length of the workpiece.
- Rotational Axis (C-Axis): Enables the rotation of the workpiece to position it for machining different areas.
- CNC Control System with Wide Number System: The CNC control system is the central intelligence of the machine. The “wide number system” likely refers to a CNC system with advanced capabilities, offering a wide range of control parameters, customization options, and compatibility with various machining processes.
- Coolant System: A coolant system is employed to keep the cutting area cool, lubricate the cutting process, and evacuate chips and debris from the machining zone.
- Enclosure: The machine is enclosed to contain coolant, chips, and noise, enhancing operator safety and maintaining a clean working environment.
- Measuring and Inspection: Some machines incorporate measuring and inspection systems to ensure the accuracy of machined features. These systems provide real-time feedback for adjustments during the machining process.